Since I have been a very sad lil gal these last weeks with the passing of my boyfriend, this weekend I decided to try and find my funny again. I rented the best stoner movies of all time. I laughed and laughed (not stoned I might add) And compiled the greatest top 6 stoners in the movies of all time. Cheech and Chong are in a class of their own fyi and still hold the crowns. They are not on this list, they stand alone. Let me know what you think of my picks.
TOP 6 STONERS OF ALL TIME-
6. Thurgood-Brian-Scarface- Half Baked. This reviled cult classic hits a soft spot featuring loveable stoners
5. Saul-Pineapple Express. He loves his bubby and would do anything for her. How can you not want to cook for this guy? Reminds me of an ex actually.
4. Slater-Dazed and Confused. Probably really capable of good grades and getting into a decent collge. He just has to party man! Reminds me of another ex, is this a pattern?
3. Spicolli-Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He is definitely the most famous of the bunch. 80’s angst meets stoner muchie bagels.
2. Floyd-True Romance (Brad Pitt)-Sorry Spicolli, Floyd stole this movie in mear minutes of screen time! And he never once gets off the couch!
1. The Dude-The Big Lebowski. The yoda of stoners. Stuff of legends.
And the Kings, the originals-CHEECH AND CHONG! (ryhmes with bong)
If I forgot anyone, they’d understand, they’re stoners!
(photos used under creative commons license)
This month marks the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. 3 days of peace and music. (mud, sex, bad brown acid and good ole 60’s weed) Did you go? If so, do you remember it? Were you conceived there? Sad that only 1 year later the king and queen of Woodstock passed away. (Janis and Jimi) This summer also marks the 40th anniversary of the Moon Landing. 2 huge life altering events. Reminding all of us that peace and exploration are definitely worth while endeavors. (and too bad 60’s weed isn’t still around….)
The above couple from the famous Woodstock album then…and now….they married 2 years after Woodstockand are STILL married!
(photo used under creative commons licsense)
Comments Off on Woodstock
And Sammy Hagar fans will be up in arms – all the Van Halen songs on the game are from the David Lee Roth era (where does this leave Gary Cherone??? – under that rock of obscurity with Kip Winger??). Here’s the just released track listing:
Van Halen Tracks
- “Ain’t Talkin Bout Love”
- “And The Cradle Will Rock”
- “Atomic Punk”
- “Beautiful Girls”
- “Cathedral” (solo)
- “Dance The Night Away”
- “Eruption” (solo)
- “Everybody Wants Some”
- “Feel Your Love Tonight”
- “Hang ‘Em High”
- “Hear About It Later”
- “Hot For Teacher”
- “Ice Cream Man”
- “I’m The One”
- “Jamie’s Cryin”
- “Little Guitars”
- “Loss Of Control”
- “Mean Street”
- “Pretty Woman”
- “Romeo Delight”
- “Running With The Devil”
- “So This Is Love”
“Somebody Get Me A Doctor”
- “Spanish Fly” (solo)
- “You Really Got Me”
Tracks From Other Bands
- Alter Bridge – “Come To Life”
- Billy Idol – “White Wedding”
- blink-182 – “First Date”
- Deep Purple – “Space Truckin”
- Foo Fighters – “Best Of You”
- Foreigner – “Double Vision”
- Fountains of Wayne – “Stacy’s Mom”
- Jimmy Eat World – “Pain”
- Judas Priest – “Painkiller”
- Killswitch Engage – “The End Of Heartache”
- Lenny Kravitz – “Rock And Roll Is Dead”
- Queen – “I Want It All”
- Queens of the Stone Age – “Sick, Sick, Sick”
- Tenacious D – “Master Exploder”
- The Clash – “Safe European Home”
- The Offspring – “Pretty Fly For A White Guy”
- Third Eye Blind – “Semi-Charmed Life”
- Weezer – “Dope Nose”
- Yellowcard – “The Takedown”
Comments Off on Guitar Hero: Van Halen due December 22nd
As I travel through this journey of grief I am realizing I am more warped than I thought I was. I am asking questions that are making the people who care about me uncomfortable. Can you have sex in heaven? Is he flirting with Farrah Fawcette? ( I hope so, that would make me happy) Is he watching me? Can he hear me? Does he miss me? Is there a free concert with all the dead rock stars weekly? Who will love me now? Does God feel bad when he takes someone from us? These and many other questions are coming to my mind and overloading me at times. And since I am on the warped path, I came up with another Kat’s 6 Picks-
Top 6 Songs to Play at a Funeral
6. Amazing Grace
5. Forever Young- The Rod Stewart version. Good for young and old alike.
4.Bron Yr Aur- Led Zeppelin. A beautiful instrumental leaving not a dry eye in the house.
3. Over Hills and Far Away- Led Zeppelin. A song about questioning life.
2. Hero- Foo Fighters. Perhaps slightly heavy for a non-rocker but a great tribute to someone you are proud to have known and loved.
1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow-The version by Israel Kamakowiwo. Upbeat, breezy and light. (the Judy Garland version for a gay funeral)
This warpedness shall pass too.
(photo used under creative commons license)