');//-->

get pretty

So thank you for all the wonderful suggestions via email and comments about what to decorate the babies room. You all must be seriously reading my mind because MOST of you said “beach theme!” Which, is my most favorite place in the whole world and something I was thinking already! Bunch of mind readers! BUT before you think I am gonna decorate the babies room like a damn Red Lobster (fake fishing nets and plastic crabs on the wall) think again. It’s mostly about the colors. I want it to feel “beachy” not to actually be THEMED. Does that make sense? (Don’t get me wrong- there isn’t anything WRONG with Red Lobster God knows I love their chedder bay biscuits…can I get an AMEN!)
SO here’s where we’re at…wall wise what do you think. Just an accent wall? Two walls? Stripes? The whole thing? I’d love your input! Color Choices
So all of these colors WOULD NOT be on a wall….they would be incorporated into the room. If you had to choose which “set” of colors do you like the best?
I won’t say which one I like the best but all of them have stuff I really like about it.
I am off to get my hair did at Cutloose Hair Salon. YES! I am in desperate need of hair help!!!
I wanna do something different- I will let ya know how it goes!
much love
Kelly

8 comments ↓

#1 Jen in PA on 07.31.09 at 11:38 am

I’m partial to the first set of colors. They feels fresh and calming.

Have fun working on the nursery! We’re about 90% of the way to be done with ours. I added some pics to my blog recently.

#2 Abbi on 08.07.09 at 1:06 pm

I might be too late, but…. My idea is: The 1st one is “babyish”… but more unisex. I would think as time goes on, you might get bored of looking at those colors. I personally like the 3rd one. I think they would last longer and you have more options to decorate- Even when your lil man gets bigger. (The 2nd one would work if your hubby is really into basketball) Good Luck!

#3 Ally on 08.09.09 at 2:57 pm

Hey Kelly I like the colors you’re looking at. I love the beach too and when my youngest was born I wanted to do something different. Tired of seeing the same old micky and pooh themes. I found the turtle bay collection from cocalo which fit so well, (now i’m trying to sell it on craigslist cause he’s older..lol). If you get all of the items it definitelly gets too beachy but I picked out a few things to get it towards the theme and added peices that matched. Just wanted to share it in case it helps with what you decide on doing. Here’s a link that shows a pic of all the things in that collection: http://foryournursery.com/Documents/Cocalo%20Turtle%20Bay_sized.jpg Good luck with all of it, have fun!

#4 Tired — Kelly’s Blog on 08.11.09 at 5:17 pm

[…] But till then you can still send me your thoughts, if you haven’t already, about the color scheme…I love to hear from one and all. ok I might not be able to fit a lot in, but this gal is […]

#5 Kelly on 08.11.09 at 5:19 pm

thanks for the link Ally! And it’s not too late, It’s still not decided and I love hearing everyones thoughts on the issue! THANK YOU GIRLS, I love your input!

#6 debbie on 08.14.09 at 7:15 am

this grandma likes the third set of colors
the one with the brown
I can help paint when I come

#7 MARLEE on 08.25.09 at 4:44 pm

I like the second set. Very calm but the blue really says, “Hey im blue and proud of it!” Good Luck Kelly!!

#8 Jennifer on 08.25.09 at 6:29 pm

Hi Kelly…. I totally like the third row of colors. Whatever you do don’t do an entire room one color! I love the combo of Spearmint Haze and the brown below it. I would do the brown on 3 walls and the Spearmint Haze as the accent.

Good luck!