During May-September 2012, 50 Walmart stores in greater Denver, Colorado Springs and Pueblo partnered with Entercom Denver to highlight Colorado based vendors and to drive foot traffic and product sales during 3 key phases.
Phase 1: “Get Back to Your Roots at Walmart” – May 6th – May 27th ( 3 weeks)
Mother’s day is the well known rule of thumb for Colorado to start planting! Colorado consumers can get their back yards ready with products made in their own back yard! This phase focused on the Lawn and Garden department and will encouraged traffic and sales of Colorado based vendors relevant to this department.
Phase 2: “Healthy Start to Summer at Walmart” – May 28th – July 7th (6 weeks)
With kids out of school for the summer, Moms need to stock up on healthy foods, snacks , sunscreen, etc. to keep them healthy and strong, all summer long! Walmart put the spotlight on local, Colorado products available in the aisles, so Moms could feel good about keeping their family healthy and supporting local, Colorado based vendors.
Phase 3: “Buy Local, Buy Colorado Proud at Walmart” – July 8th – September 2nd ( 8 weeks)
In the middle of the summer the freshest foods make their way from Colorado Farms, to Colorado Tables. Area shoppers felt good about shopping their local Walmart store and having access to the bounty that Colorado’s farmers provide. From fresh produce, to dairy, meat and poultry, local Colorado products are available at Walmart.
Through this partnership, listeners learned how buying local at Walmart benefits the community, their wallet and their health! Listeners also had the opportunity to register to win local Colorado “staycations” at the Walmart events, further driving home the importance of local support.
ON SITE & IN STORE:
• (9) on-site Retailtainment events
(2) on KOSI 101 and (2) on Alice 105.9 and (2) on 99.5 The Mountain and (3) on KCCY 96.9 which include:vehicle, sound system, (4) pre-recorded call-ins, promotional announcements, DJ Talent to host and a Register – To -Win of a Colorado Staycation at each event (9 Total prize packages to be given away – 3 for The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, 6 for The Vail Cascade).
• Vendor sampling at retailtainment events through Bright Star demo program
• IN STORE – Walmart to provided incremental display in designated area for participating vendors with Colorado Proud sign kits and stack base wrap, with opportunity for vendors to display their own signage showcasing their Colorado Connection.
Phase 1: “Get Back to Your Roots at Walmart” – May 7th – May 28th ( 3 weeks)
Participating Vendors: Stokes, Coca Cola, Scott’s Miracle Gro, Misson Foods, Color Star Grower’s, Eldorado Springs, Revive and Canino’s Sausage
Event #1 (KOSI 101.1 on-site)
Saturday, May 12th, 2pm-4pm
Store #1231 – 9901 Grant Street, Thornton
Event #2 (99.5 The Mountain on-site)
Saturday, May 19th, 10am-12 Noon
Store #1689 – 5650 South Chambers Road, Aurora
Phase 2: “Healthy Start to Summer at Walmart” – May 29th – July 8th (6 weeks)
Participating Vendors: Boulder Canyon Chips, Mission Foods, Select New Mexico, Revive, Eldorado Springs, Color Star Grower’s, Rocky Mountain Popcorn, La Favorita
Event #1 (KOSI 101.1 on-site)
Saturday, June 9th, 10am-12Noon
Store #3867 – 200 W. 136th Street, Denver
Event #2 (KALC on-site)
Saturday, June16th, 10am-12 Noon
Store #5137 – 6101 South Aurora Parkway Aurora
Phase 3: “Buy Local, Buy Colorado Proud at Walmart” – July 9th – September 2nd ( 8 weeks)
Participating Vendors: Boulder Canyon Chips, Sara’s Sausage, Mission Foods, Meadow Gold Dairy, La Favorita, Bimbo, Select New Mexico, Celestial Seasonings, Eldorado Springs, Color Star Grower’s
Event #1 (99.5 The Mountain on-site)
Saturday, July 28th,10am-Noon
Store #5049 – 6101 South Aurora Parkway,Littleton
Event #2 (Alice 105.9 on-site)
Tuesday, August 21st, 11am-1pm
Store #5334 – 3301 Tower Road, Aurora
ON AIR AND ONLINE RADIO:
• :60 second commercial schedule to run on KOSI 101, Alice 105.9, 99.5 The Mountain and KCCY 96.9. These commercials had :30 seconds dedicated to Walmart’s Colorado proud theme and :30 seconds dedicated to the vendor and their products featured at Walmart.
• Weekly Commercials to air : 10x M-F 6am-7pm; 10x M-F 6am-12mid; 5x Sat-Sun 10am- 7pm per week. 1400 Total Commercials.
• Matching (25) :60 second weekly Commercial Campaign on each station’s website. 1400 Total Commercials
|La Favorita||walmart-gen-la-favorita-summer-2-60||Color Star||walmart-july-colorstar-alice-tsg||Rocky Mountain Popcorn||walmart-gen-rocky-mnt-popcorn-summer-2-60|
|Boulder Canyon||walmart-gen-boulder-canyon-summer-2-60||Select Mexico||walmart-gen-select-new-mexico-summer-2-60||Mission Foods||walmart-gen-mission-foods-summer-2-60|
|Sara’s Sausage||saras-sausage-and-remote-21||Celestial Teas||celest-tea-remote-coalmine||Sara Lee||sara-lee-remote-21|
|Fruit Rush Drinks||fruit-rush-drinks-and-remote-coalmine|