YOU HAD ME AT BACON…AND BOURBON!
Denver’s first Bourbon & Bacon Fest. January 25th
On January 25th 2014 Denver gathered for its FIRST Bourbon & Bacon Fest presented by the Colorado Pork Producers Council at the McNichols Civic Center Building.
Patrons were able to taste their way through a dizzying array of specialty bourbons and unique whiskeys from distilleries both large and artisanal, while munching on a bevy of smoky, porky treats. Bourbon & Bacon Fest showcased some of the finest distilleries such as Buffalo Trace, Legacy, 1792 and Fireball. The event will also hosted samples from the area’s best restaurants including the café|bar, Sullivan’s Steakhouse & Tony’s Market.
Bourbon & Bacon Fest was presented by The Colorado Pork Producers Council, 99.5 The Mountain, High Country Harley Davidson & the Colorado Restaurant Association with a portion of the proceeds supporting Colorado Pro Start.
Date: January 25, 2014
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Location: McNichols Civic Center Building in Downtown Denver
Highlights & Successes of Event:
• 1st year event
• SOLD OUT 2 weeks prior to event date
• Top 7 links in Google when “Bourbon & Bacon” is searched
• 4 of top 5 links in BING when “Bourbon & Bacon” is searched
• Incredible Press Reviews by Penny Parker, The Westword, well known Blogger Josh at Red, White & Bourbon and more.
Colorado Pork Producers Council received:
• Name mention in a minimum of 240 live and recorded event on air promotions (these were rotating and shared mentions with presenters and other sponsors. Run on all Entercom Stations. 75 mention promised)
kalc-promo-bourbon-and-bacon-fest kqmt-promo-bourbon-and-bacon-fest-ver-1 kqmt-promo-bourbon-and-bacon-fest-ver-2 kqmt-promo-bourbon-and-bacon-fest-ver-3
kqmt-promo-bourbon-and-bacon-fest-ver-4a kqmt-promo-bourbon-and-bacon-fest-ver-4b bourbon-and-bacon-am-15-with-harley bourbon-and-bacon-fm-15
• 50,000 banner impressions that ran on station websites aligned to event
|99.5 The Mountain||24,814 impressions
|Alice 105.9||24,085 impressions||134 clicks|
• One direct to consumer email blast to Entercom Database
|99.5 The Mountain||7,430 sent||1,991 opened||26.8% open rate||195 clicks||10% CTR|
|Alice 105.9||18,031 sent||2,798 opened||15.5% open rate||246 clicks||9% CTR|
|Total||25,641 sent||4,789 opened||18.8% open rate||441 clicks||9.2% CTR|
• Custom Facebook Sweepstakes Contest over 4 weeks
|Dates||January 16th||February 16th|
|Likes||895||1302||+407 likes; 45% increase|
• Mention in station newsletter emails.
• Inclusion in station home page flippers
• Name and link on station events page aligned to event
• Inclusion in social media promoting event
• Mention in event email. Delivered over 131,000 emails.
|January 6th||Sent||Opened||Open Rate||Clicks||CTR|
|Food & Wine List||260||174||67%||16||9%|
|Denver PERKS List||51,601||9,834||19%||465||5%|
|January 17th||Sent||Opened||Open Rate||Clicks||CTR|
• Logo and link on event page still active. www.BourbonandBaconFest.com
• Logo on event signage
• Story on each portfolio with logos in guide
• Official Event Sponsor status and right to use event logo
• Six (6) VIP and Ten (10) general admission tickets to event
• Event presence with signage and marketing materials
to view more pictures click here